C API (Component Interface)
The Data should return information on the form of the generic representation of its content that is known in advance.
Symbol form OUT
- A form constant, see below.
TYPE type OUT
- The generic form's (full)
TYPE constant, or
TYPE_UNSPECIFIED (or a partial
TYPE constant) if the
TYPE cannot be known in advance.
Dimensions dims OUT
- The generic form's dimensions.
- The generic form has fixed dimensions. These are specified in
- The generic form has dimensions that are content-dependent, but are bounded. The maximum dimensions of the generic form are specified in
- The generic form has dimensions that are content-dependent, and that cannot be determined in advance.
- The generic form has fixed dimensions except for the last, which may vary dependent on the content. The fixed dimensions are specified in
dims. If the last element of
dims is numeric, the last dimension is assumed to be bounded; if it is equal to
DIM_ANY, the last dimension is assumed to be unbounded.
- Note that C_FORM_FIXED_BUT_LAST allows the framework to infer the dimensions of the generic form from a call to EVENT_GENERIC_CONTENT_GET (using the
bytes field), avoiding an call to EVENT_GENERIC_FORM_CURRENT. Thus, use of C_FORM_FIXED_BUT_LAST is more efficient, where the constraints are met.
C++ Source Code (against 1199)