- XML handles and interfaces returned by any XML functions (the XML Interface,
DataMLNode) are only valid until control is returned to the framework (i.e. within the context of a single event fired on a Component). You should discard all XML handles and interfaces when you return control at the end of an event.
- Strings returned by the XML Interface are only valid until control is returned to the framework OR until another XML Interface call is made, whichever is sooner. You should dereference and copy any such string immediately, and then not dereference it again.
The XML Interface offers functions for a Process to manipulate XML documents.
Each XML node is represented as a
. The interface is largely based on the W3C specification, with the following exceptions.
- Node text is a property, not a child node.
- Attributes are properties, not child nodes.
- Some minor, non-conflicting, additions have been made to reflect usage in BRAHMS.
See also General Interface Return Values.
- Many functions will return
E_XML if the call cannot be completed given the current state of the document being queried.